Malvern East – 3145


Malvern East is one of 10 well established suburbs located within the City of Stonnington. The suburb lies just 11 kilometres south-east of the CBD and boarders Glen Iris, Malvern, Caulfield, Ashburton and Carnegie. The total population of Malvern East was 13,712 at the last Census in 2006.

Real Estate in Malvern East has performed well over many years due to the suburbs close proximity to the city and the excellent amenities and services located within it. The current median price (April 2011) for a house in the area is $1,050,000, and $445,000 for a unit. Property styles vary considerably with many Californian Bungalows and Edwardian homes oozing their period charm alongside modern townhouses and newly updated apartments. 60% of homes are detached whilst the remaining 40% are semi-detached terraces or flats.

Several well known schools such as St Mary’s Primary and Lloyd Street School, various childcare centres and larger retail hubs (think Chadstone The Fashion Capital) have made Malvern East a popular choice for a significant number of young families.

Public open spaces are also plenteous for those wanting to take part in the outdoors, the most notable of which are Hedgeley Dene Gardens, Central Park and the Urban Forest Reserve. There are three high class golf courses in Malvern East and the community bike path, which runs along Gardiners Creek to the east, joins an integral part of the Greater Melbourne network of bike paths.

Getting to and from Malvern East is trouble free. Darling, Gardiner and Holmesglen are the three local train stations, all of which run on the Glen Waverley line. Trams and buses also service the area on a regular timetable making Malvern East a highly desirable Melbourne postcode.

/buy/search/